Sunday, December 19, 2010

iPod Docks: The Group Test

iPod/iPhone docks offer high-volume playback of your music library, charging your device at the same time. Most have a remote control but some offer wireless connectivity so you don't have to leave your Apple docked. They all claim to have audiophile-grade sound but who's telling the truth? Court is in session…

 

 

Best: Overall
Arcam rCube
£500
Love: Smart, timeless design. Superb sound. Eight-hour battery life
Hate: A little expensive. Wi-Fi dongle costs extra
Arman rCube pics I Arcam rCube review I Link: Arcam

 

 

Best: Easy Listening
SoundFreaq Sound Platform
£200
Love: Groovy retro styling. Effective Bluetooth connectivity. Useful online app adds iPhone control. Reasonable VFM
Hate: Speakers lack projection and distort
SoundFreaq Sound Platform pics I SoundFreaq SoundPlatform review I Link: SoundFreaq

 

 

Best: Rock
TEAC SR-100I Aurb
£240
Love: Powerful audio. Good value. Interesting elliptical design. Useful CD and USB playback
Hate: Some may find the boomy bass a bit much
TEAC SR-100I Aurb Pics I TEAC SR-100I Aurb review I Link: TEAC

 

 

Best: Dance
Geneva Sound S
£300
Love: Very cool styling. Powerful, seductive bass
Hate: Not much in the way of extra connectivity
Geneva Sound S pics I Geneva Sound S review I Link: Geneva

 

 

Best: Acoustic
B&W Zeppelin Mini
£300
Love: Potent sound from a small dock. USB input
Hate: Lacks the bass warmth to fill a big room
B&W Zeppelin review I Link: B&W

 

 


Posted by Jim Hill

Source: http://www.t3.com/reviews/audio/speakers/ipod-docks-the-group-test?ns_campaign=reviews&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=t3&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Ananda Lewis Kate Bosworth Tamala Jones Yamila Diaz Alicia Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment