Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Netbooks: The Group Test

Tablet PCs and traditional laptops have been squeezing the life out of the netbook market, but they aren’t dead yet. Now a million miles away from the stunted, plasticky ZX Spectrum-alikes of yore they’ve got powerful, dual core processors and improved keyboards. There’s even an Apple take on the genre…

 

 

Best: For hand luggage
Apple MacBook Air
£867
Love: Slick Mac OSX. Powerful processor and dedicated graphics. Peerless design
Hate: High price tag. Limited connectivity
Apple MacBook Air review I Read extended review I Link: Apple

 

 

Best: Overall
Samsung NF110-A01UK
£299
Love: Solid spec and performance. Lengthy battery life. Good audio
Hate: Slightly cramped touchpad
Samsung NF110 review I Read extended review I Link: Samsung

 

 

Best: For business
Lenovo IdeaPadS10-3
£285
Love: QuickStart mode
Hate: Dull design, frustrating touchpad and short battery life
Lenovo IdeaPadS10-3 review I Link: Lenovo

 

 

Best: Aesthetics
Asus Eee PC1018P
£350
Love: Plush design. Solid specifications. 500GB of online Cloud storage
Hate: Poor webcam
Asus Eee PC1018P review I Read extended review I Link: Asus

 

 

Best: Battery life
Acer Aspire One 533-13DKK
£299
Love: Portable. Vibrant screen. Lengthy battery
Hate: No snazzy features
Acer Aspire One 533-13DKK review I Link: Acer

 

 

Best: Bizarre concept
Dell Inspiron Duo
£449 (£549 with dock)
Love: Innovative concept
Hate: Poor touchscreen and processor. Lack of connections. Gimmicky
Dell Inspiron Duo review I Read the extended review I Link: Dell

 

 


Posted by Tommy Melville

Source: http://www.t3.com/reviews/computers/laptops/netbooks-the-group-test?ns_campaign=reviews&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=t3&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Paula Garcés Genelle Frenoy Shania Twain Gwen Stefani Sunny Mabrey

No comments:

Post a Comment